Introduction and call for Applications:
Sustainable Ocean Alliance Ghana (SOA Ghana) is calling on all interested journalists in Ghana to apply to be a part of the effort to address challenges confronting the marine ecosystem.
The initiative is aimed at training journalists to produce data driven stories bothering on sustainable fishing practices, marine pollution and the general challenges confronting the ocean ecosystem.
The project titled: ‘Using Journalism to Counter IUU and marine pollution’ is part of the global effort to support and promote the conservation and sustainable use of the oceans, seas and marine resources in accordance with United Nations SDG14.
Applicants are expected to be:
• Ghanaian nationals aged between 18 and 35 years old, and belong to the group of young people who are prepared to play a decisive role in shaping the future of Ghana.
• Student journalists or journalists, young leaders, people who are active in social movements online, and community organizations.
• People or activists who have been directly contributing to conservation programs or climate change activities.
All selected applicants will be MANDATED to produce at least two stories after training program.
Preferable: Applicants should be active on social media and MUST follow our social media handles: Twitter: @soaghanahub or https://twitter.com/soaghanahub and Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/SOAGhana/
• Deadline for applications: 20th August 2021; 11: 00pm GMT. Applicants will also be selected on rolling basis.
• All selected applicants will be contacted by 30th August, 2021.
• Training may take place in-person or online due to COVID-19 and date will be subsequently communicated.
NB: Female applicants are strongly encouraged! You may call 0543342677 for further information.
Click Here to Apply Or copy and paste link below in your browser: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSekrZ6X90qaLSQ4A23CTuwi_pX9KjXRf2t837lHclWsUTxrKA/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1